2019/20 U.S. Rice Domestic Usage Report
Non-Member: $500.00Your price
This survey measures the shipments of milled rice to the domestic and export markets by U.S. rice millers and has been conducted for several decades; first by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and now by USA Rice. This survey is of importance to the U.S. rice industry because it provides reliable reference data on consumption trends across domestic market segments.
A questionnaire was created and sent to U.S. rice milling firms, which provided data in the following categories:
- Total quantity of milled rice shipments (domestic grown & imported);
- Shipments of long grain domestic-grown rice;
- Shipments of medium & short grain domestic grown rice;
- Shipments of rice imported for resale; and
- Shipments of Value Added Products
Twenty-two companies participated in this survey, representing 31 active rice mills.